The past week has been quite eventful, and not so much in a positive way. UF Beaches Women's Health Center transferred me out as a patient. They want me to have an amnio at 37 weeks (to determine lung maturity), then deliver the baby the following day via C-section. Their concern is my surgery 11 years ago puts me at a 10-15% chance for uterine rupture; if that happens, I have a 50% chance of losing the baby. They stated they will no longer treat me since I am considered high-risk, and probably no one else would work with me, as I am "refusing" a C-section.
I can understand their concern, but, delivery at 37 weeks?! Can the baby have a week or 2 more to develop?
The next day I received a call from the Maternal-Fetal Medicine department of Shands informing me my doctors had transferred me to them. So, now our appointments are downtown, and have to be scheduled in the morning, as that is the only time they see patients. Me driving downtown in rush hour traffic?! They're just setting me up for blood pressure/anxiety issues!
I see no harm in getting a second opinion. Thankfully, The Mr. said he'd support my decision either way. We'll just have to wait and see what June 4th brings us…
Kay Dub is a 38 year old stay at home mother of 3 fur babies, a preschooler and a toddler. An avid runner, marathon mom, fitness buff and triathlete in training, her most challenging goal is becoming a Proverbs 31 woman and "Wife After God".